Bowser, sometimes known as King Koopa (Japanese: 大魔王クッパ, Daimaō Kuppa or "Great Demon King Koopa"), is the main antagonist of the Mario series and the King of the Koopas. He has repeatedly kidnapped or attempted to kidnap Princess Peach and take over the Mushroom Kingdom. He has also attempted to conquer other lands, such as the Mushroom World, Dinosaur Land, Sprixie Kingdom, and even the entire universe. Despite his villainous nature, he has occasionally helped the heroes of the Mushroom Kingdom against common threats and participates with them in their numerous sporting events in spin-off games.
Since his debut, Bowser has been in nearly every Mario game, including the main series, spin-offs, and crossovers. Due to his role as the primary villain of the Mario series, he is mostly the final or penultimate boss in his appearances, if not as the main antagonist (an example being Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga). In the Mario RPGs, Bowser is generally cast as an antihero or a minor villain, with the exception of Paper Mario, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, and Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 4-A, Higher as Giant Bowser. Low 2-C with preparations, weaponry, etc. | Low 2-C | At least 2-C, goes up to 2-A
Name: Bowser, King Koopa
Origin: Super Mario
Age: At least 26
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Types 2 and 3), Regeneration (High-Mid, can resemble his skeleton if it's scattered apart. Goes up to High-Godly; regenerated from having an entire seperate dimension collapsing on him), Self-Sustenance (Types 1 and 2), Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Weapon Mastery, Vehicular Mastery, Breaking the Fourth Wall, Genius Intelligence (On occasion), Large Size (Occasionally Type 0, Type 1 in his giant form), Black Magic, Acausality (Type 1), Breath Attack, Fire Manipulation (Including homing fireballs and intangible fireballs), Earth Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Weather Manipulation, Acrobatics, Flight and Spaceflight, Petrification and Light Manipulation with the Koopa Clown Car, Non-Physical Interaction (Can attack ghosts), Attack Reflection, Summoning, Teleportation, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Extrasensory Perception and Clairvoyance (Able to sense his targets location and see what they're doing despite being in another dimension), Dimensional Travel, Time Travel (Was able to warp through time and space decades into the past), Energy Manipulation, Energy Projection, Size Manipulation (He can shrink his targets to cellular size and alter his own size to gigantic proportions), Poison Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Curse Manipulation, Body Puppetry, Surface Scaling, Rage Power, BFR (He can forcibly bring his targets with him to various locations and inhale them into his body), Power Nullification (He can negate his opponents ability to attack or use items by stomping them, also via scaling to Bowser X who is able to inhale Mario and Luigis battle options preventing them from doing anything but dodging his attacks), Shockwave Generation, Transmutation (Turned most of the Toads into stone blocks and plants, turned a Koopa Troopa into a frog, and turned several Egglings into apples), Sealing, Creation, Afterimage Creation, Forcefield Creation (Primarily used for entrapping his targets), Portal Creation, Illusion Creation (Able to create physical illusionary copies of his hat that can damage his opponent), Black Hole Creation, Transformation (Can turn his body into metal), Paralysis Inducement, Fear Inducement and Statistics Reduction (Able to cut his opponents strength and defence in half), Gravity Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, and Reality Warping (Able to turn an entire island or solar system into a pop-up storybook). Resistance to Extreme Heat and Cold (On several occasions he has casually walked in lava, was sent flying into his artifical sun and wasn't affected by it's heat, and he has often flown across the vacuum of space completely unaffected by the extreme cold), Cosmic Radiations (Unaffected by the radiations of space and black holes), Transmutation (Somewhat limited, he can still fight when turned into a scarecrow), Black Holes, Gravity Manipulation (Has been dragged into black holes and wasn't affected by them that much, he is also able to stand or float near them without threat of being dragged in by their gravitational force), Soul Manipulation, Sealing (Unaffected by Catch Cards which can take and seal away a persons soul), Mind Manipulation, Possession (He can resist the effects of Lucien, remaining mostly in control and using his power for his own goals), and Void Manipulation (Able to resist the effects of Count Bleck and Dimentio using the void).
Same as before. As Dreamy Bowser, he gains Large Size (Type 0), Self-Sustenance (Type 3), Healing, Duplication, Absorption (Can passively absorb dream energy from anyone who is sleeping), Soul Manipulation and Sleep Manipulation (Antasma was able to trap 50 Pi'illos in an enternal slumber and keep their souls trapped in Nightmare Chunks with just a fraction of the Dark Stones power, the Dream Stone being its counterpart should be capable of the same), Life Manipulation, Dream Manipulation (Has power over dreams and can manipulate all dream worlds, able to make dreams become reality), Omnipresence and Existence Erasure (Was going to erase Mario and Luigi from existence). As Mega Dragon Bowser, he gains Fusionism, Reality Warping, Energy Manipulation, Energy Absorption, Forcefield Creation, Summoning, Fire Manipulation and Time-Space Manipulation. As Black Bowser, he gains Life-Force Manipulation (Can kill people by draining them of their color, and vice versa), Mind Control (The Black Paint mind controlled Bowser by covering him up), Empathic Manipulation (Roy's entire boss fight shows how applying too much color to someone changes their emotions and alters their mindset), Color Manipulation and Paint Manipulation
Statistics Amplification (With Yoshi-Ades and the Star Rod), Damage Boost (With Energizers, Power Blasts, Hot Sauces, and Mighty Tonics), Damage Reduction (With Bracers, Crystallines, Courage Shells, and Turtley Leafs), Healing (With various types of Mushrooms, Elixirs, Megalixirs, Froggie Juices, Kerokero Colas, Muku Cookies, Yoshi Candys, Shroom Shakes, Horsetails, Peachy Peachs, Big Eggs, Honey Jars, Inky Sauce, Spicy Soup, Hamburger Meat, Long-Last Shakes, Dayzee Tears, Keel Mangos, Whacka Bumps, various types of Drumsticks,and the Vampire Band), Purification (Type 3 with Able Juices, Freshen Ups, Muku Cookies, and Refreshing Herbs, which negates the effects of Sleep, Poison, Transmutation, Statistics Reduction, Power Nullification, Fear, Sickness, Dizziness, and Rage), Resurrection (Of himself and others with Pick Me Ups and Life Shrooms), Invisibility and Intangibility (Immaterial with the Boo, which makes him intangible even to others who can attack ghosts), Invulnerability (Via Starmen, Block Blocks, and Mega Stars), Ice Manipulation (With Ice Bombs and Ice Storms), Sleep Inducement (With Sleepy Bombs and Sleepy Sheep), Can prevent opponents from attacking him (With Red Essence), Mind Manipulation (With Music Keys), Empathic Manipulation (With Music Keys and the Vibe Scepter), Duplication (With Double Cherries), Soul Manipulation and Sealing (With Catch Cards), Time Manipulation (Time Stop with the Stop-Watch, Time Acceleration with Speed Flowers, and Time Reversal with Retry Clocks or Earlier Times), Biological Manipulation and Plot Manipulation (Via the Star-Rod), Shapeshifting (Via the Megamorpth Belt), Absorption and Pocket Reality Manipulation (With Power Stars). Resistance to Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Sleep Inducement, Fear Inducement, Statistics Reduction, Power Nullification, Transmutation, Poison Manipulation, and Death Manipulation (With the Safety Ring)
Attack Potency: Multi-Solar System level (On several occasions devours power stars, which can create a world containing multiple stars, to become more powerful; Matches Mario in combat regularly), Higher in Giant Form. Universe Level+ with preparations, weaponry, etc. | Universe level+ (Powered by the Grand Star, which is more powerful than Power Stars. The Lumas that turn into Power Stars can also turn into galaxies. Bowser was going to create galaxies via a reactor in SMG1 which destroyed the fabric of the universe and created a black hole that consumed it in SMG2. Grand Stars are stated to be capable of destroying the entire universe) | At least Multi-Universe level, goes up to Multiverse level+ (Powered by the Dream Stone, which is made up of innumerable dreams, each one of which is a universe in its own right. Innumerable is as big as infinite)
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Can keep up with Mario) | Massively FTL+ with Grand Stars (Flew to the center of the universe in a short time. Tagged Lubba's spaceship with his meteors, which can fly at these speeds, along with Rosalina's Comet Observatory) | Massively FTL+ (Comparable to Antasma), possibly Omnipresent within the dreams (Described to be one with the dreams themselves, which are universes)
Lifting Strength: Class G. Higher in Giant Form
Striking Strength: Multi-Solar System Class. Higher in Giant Form | At least Class XJ | At least Multi-Universal, goes up to Multiversal+
Durability: Multi-Solar System level, Possibly far higher (Fought Mario, Implied to have survived a "supernova" and the destruction of the universe, though these feats are unclear). Higher in Giant Form | Unknown | At least Multi-Universe level, goes up to Multiverse level+ (Became the physical manifestation of dream worlds and can tank attacks from the Zeekeeper)
Stamina: Very high
Range: Ranges from several meters to Universal
Standard Equipment: His Koopa Clown Car, Star Rod, Power Stars
Intelligence: Smart at times, but has moments of stupidity
Weaknesses: Sometimes lets his anger get the better of him
- Fire Breath: Bowser's signature attack and probably the most skilled fire breather in the series as he is able to breathe fire in various ways. Bowser will breathe fire either in large streams or individual large fireballs. He also uses this move to make a fiery rain and breath different colored fire that has unique effects such as breathing blue fireballs that homes onto his target.
- Fire Storm: Bowser breathes a large stream of fire that acts as a whip. Hitting opponents with it causes them to be cloaked in fire, run uncontrollably, and reverse their normal movements.
- Shockwave: Bowser will stomp or hit the ground so hard, he will generate shockwaves. The occasionally shown have an electric or fiery effect.
- Spinning Shell: Bowser withdraws into his shell and starts spinning at high speed, occasionally being able to hover. This move is used for both offensive and defensive purposes.
- Spike Ball: Bowser withdraws into his shell and takes the shape of a spiky ball, rolling at high speed and being able to climb walls.
- One KO Punch: Bowser will lean back and build power into his fist and then rushes to the target to deal the killing punch. He uses this move to finish off Dark Bowser.
- Fury: A double-edge status alignment that activates when Bowser taken several hits, glowing red and roaring upon activation. All of his attacks will double in power but he also receives double the damage from his opponents as well.
- Poison Gas: Bowser will create a fog of poison gas that will damage and poison his opponents. He can also utilize poison attacks with his claws and bites.
- Terrorize: Bowser will summon a giant Boo to strike fear into his opponents. This will cause damage and inflict the Fear status on his opponents.
- Crusher: Bowser will make a giant jagged rock spire up from the ground beneath his foes.
- Bowser Crush: Bowser will create a giant green Mechakoopa to stampede over his opponents.
- Dark Magic: Although not used frequently, Bowser is noted to be skilled user in dark magic. A few notable skills ranges from be able to transform people into blocks and shrinking his opponents, to turning an entire island into a book and teleporting himself or his target.
- Superclaw Bowser: Bowser's Megastrike. His claw and spikes will extend, his hair turns to fire, and his eyes glow yellow-white as his skin turns to red-black. Then he strikes the target at terrifying speeds.
- Magic Weapon: Bowser will forge a weapon made of pure energy in shape of a hockey stick. This move is only seen in Mario Sport Mix.
Key: Base | With Grand Star | Dreamy Bowser